Inaugurated in 2010, the Postgraduate / ECR Researcher Poster Award is intended to support the participation and inclusion of postgraduate and early career researchers in the educational research community.
The PG/ECR Poster Award is supported by the Australian Council of Deans of Education.
Funding round: single round per annum
Applications: A digital copy of your poster must be submitted via the PG/ECR Poster Award Submission Form by 11:59pm on Friday 10th November to be nominated for the award.
Status of funding round: Closed
Benefits to Awardee: Certificate and $1,000 to assist with conference attendance expenses
Applicant Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for the Postgraduate / ECR Researcher Poster Award, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a AARE member
- be either enrolled in a postgraduate research program in a relevant area of study at an Australian higher education institution, or have been awarded a doctoral degree within the past 5 years
- submit a first-authored conference poster proposal, via the online submission system and by the closing date for abstracts of posters, and have their proposal accepted for presentation
- be able to attend the full conference
- have not previously received the AARE Postgraduate/ECR Poster Award
It is possible to submit a jointly authored paper for an award. Award applicants must be the first named author on the paper. AARE places the responsibility for full disclosure to co-authors with the first author of a paper submitted for consideration in these award categories. It is not a requirement that award papers be included in the conference proceedings.
A panel of experienced researchers will judge the posters according to:
- the content of the poster
- the clarity and interest of the presentation
- the presentation of theoretical and methodological bases and findings of the research
- the presentation of quality discussion points or conclusions drawn from the findings
- the visual power of communicating main messages via the genre of the poster
Only one poster per researcher or research team should be submitted for the Award in any year. Posters previously submitted may not be resubmitted.
Eligible people may nominate for the Poster Award prior to the conference.
Funds will be made available following the conference.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted via the PG/ECR Poster Award Application Form
Applications will be assessed against the merit criteria by the Awards Panel, which is convened each year by the Awards Convenor.
The panel’s decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.