Awards in 2021
Due to COVID-19 impacts the deadline for the submission of papers has been extended until Tuesday 7 September.
AARE will be offering the Conference Paper Awards again in 2021.These awards are to encourage, acknowledge, and recognise the quality work of members.
The Award categories will include:
- Indigenous Postgraduate Student Researcher Award
- Betty Watts Indigenous Researcher Award
- Early Career Researcher Award
- Postgraduate Researcher Award
Eligible submission will be in the form of:
- submitting an abstract via the abstract submission portal;
- identifying on the submission portal which award you wish to submit a paper.
- Only one paper per researcher or research team should be submitted for the Award in any year;
- Papers previously submitted may not be re-submitted;
- The same paper cannot be submitted for more than one award in any year;
- The work should be original work not already published or accepted for publication at the date of submission for this Award
Before the award submission deadline 7 September 2021, use this form to provide the following:
- a covering letter addressing the eligibility criteria for the award. This criteria can be found on each award specific page;
- a copy of the abstract and the title of the paper and the authors name;
- a copy of the full paper, de-identified without the authors name
These awards are open to AARE financial members who meet eligibility requirements for the award, including new members registered before the date they upload their submission.
Awards will be presented at the AARE Conference.
Submitted papers will be assessed by a panel of experienced reviewers and recipients of the Awards posted on the AARE website.
For further submission details including the individual award eligibility requirements please go to the specific award pages.
The Betty Watts Indigenous Researcher Award recognises an outstanding conference paper by a researcher who identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person. Read more »
The ECR Award recognises an outstanding conference paper by a researcher within 5 years of the award of their doctoral degree. Read more »
The Postgraduate Student Researcher Award recognises an outstanding conference paper by a postgraduate student researcher. Read more »
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Postgraduate Student Researcher Award recognises an outstanding conference paper by a postgraduate student researcher who identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person. Read more »
The AARE Postgraduate student/ECR Poster Award is presented for the best poster presented at the AARE Annual Conference by a Postgraduate Student or Early Career Researcher. The Award is intended to support the participation and inclusion of postgraduate students and early career researchers in the educational research community. Read more »