Benefits of Membership
- Discounted registration at the annual conference
- Membership to up to three of our 25 Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Discounted registration to the Theory Workshops held each year
- Full free access to AARE's journal, The Australian Educational Researcher
- Full free access to other journals, Higher Education, Educational Change and Early Childhood Education
- Opportunities to apply for our numerous awards, bursaries and scholarships
Categories of Membership
- There are four categories of membership: Ordinary, concessional, overseas and honorary.
- A member who is financially disadvantaged, is a full-time student, is retired or is not in full-time employment may apply to become a concessional member. Those seeking the concessional rate should contact the AARE office and provide evidence as to why they warrant concessional status. Students should provide proof of student status (e.g. a letter from the university).
- Overseas membership is for those who reside outside of Australia. Overseas members do not pay the GST component. Members working or studying in Australia do not qualify for overseas membership.
- Honorary life members have had this status conferred on them by the Association because of their outstanding contribution to research in education.
- All the above categories carry the full rights and privileges of membership.
The AARE membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June in the following year.
These rates are:
- Ordinary membership $198 inc GST
- Concessional membership $99 inc GST
- Overseas ordinary membership $180
- Overseas concessional membership $90
Pro rata membership
Pro-rata fees will apply as follows,depending on the date of joining:
- From 1 June to 31 December - full yearly rate membership will continue to 30 June following year.
- From 1 January to 31 March - Full year rate plus 0.25 of the fee and membership will continue until 30 June the following year.
- From 1 April to 31 May - Full year rate and membership will continue until 30 June the following year. (Not the year of joining).
Your Membership Period from this transaction would cover until: 30 June 2020
$90.00 (excl. GST)
$180.00 (excl. GST)
Concessional including hardcopy of AER
$160.00 (excl. GST)
Ordinary including hardcopy of AER
$250.00 (excl. GST)
Purchase a book with your membership