To renew, log in before selecting your membership category below and then click through to checkout.
You can purchase a book from the Local/Global Issues in Education series with your membership if you wish to do so.
Benefits of Membership
- Discounted registration at the AARE Annual Conference
- Membership to up to three of our 29 Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Discounted registration to Theory Workshops and other events
- Full free access to AARE's journal, The Australian Educational Researcher
- Full free access to other journals, Higher Education, Educational Change and Early Childhood Education
- Opportunities to apply for our numerous awards, bursaries and scholarships
Because of its strong national membership base, AARE can engage in research advocacy and dissemination, set up and maintain national and international research networks for the benefit of members, collaborate with other associations, form committees to deal with special projects, make substantive submissions to government inquiries and offer opportunities for research training and professional development.
Categories of Membership
There are four categories of membership: Ordinary, concessional, overseas and honorary.
- A member who is financially disadvantaged, is a full-time student, is retired or is not in full-time employment may apply to become a Concessional member. Those seeking the concessional rate should contact the AARE office and provide evidence as to why they warrant concessional status. Students should provide proof of student status (e.g. a letter from the university).
- Overseas membership is for those who reside outside of Australia. Overseas members do not pay the GST component. Members working or studying in Australia do not qualify for overseas membership.
- Honorary life members have had this status conferred upon them by the Association because of their outstanding contribution to research in education.
- All the above categories carry the full rights and privileges of membership.
The AARE membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June in the following year.
These rates are:
- Ordinary membership $207.90 inc GST
- Concessional membership $99 inc GST
- Overseas ordinary membership $189
- Overseas concessional membership $90
Pro rata membership
Pro-rata fees will apply as follows, depending on the date of joining:
- From 1 June to 31 December - full yearly rate membership will continue to 30 June following year.
- From 1 January to 31 March - Full year rate plus 0.25 of the fee and membership will continue until 30 June the following year.
- From 1 April to 31 May - Full year rate and membership will continue until 30 June the following year. (Not the year of joining).
Concessional including hardcopy of AER
Ordinary including hardcopy of AER
Purchase a book with your membership