Inaugurated in 2010, the Australian Council of Deans of Education (ACDE) sponsored Postgraduate / ECR Researcher Poster Award is intended to support the participation and inclusion of postgraduate and early career researchers in the educational research community.
Funding round: single round per annum
Applications due: 31 August 2018
Status of funding round: closed
Amount: up to $500
To be eligible for the ACDE Postgraduate / ECR Researcher Poster Award, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a AARE member
- be either enrolled in a postgraduate research program in a relevant area of study at an Australian higher education institution, or have been awarded a doctoral degree within the past 5 years.
- submit a first-authored conference poster proposal, via the online submission system and by the closing date for abstracts of posters, and have their proposal accepted for presentation.
- be able to attend the full conference.
- deliver the poster as scheduled.
- have not previously received the ACDE/AARE Postgraduate/ECR Poster Award.
It is possible to submit a jointly authored paper for an award. Award applicants must be the first named author on the paper. AARE places the responsibility for full disclosure to co-authors with the first author of a paper submitted for consideration in these award categories. It is not a requirement that award papers be included in the conference proceedings.
A panel of experienced researchers will judge the posters during the Conference according to:
- the content of the poster;
- the clarity and interest of the presentation;
- the presentation of theoretical and methodological bases and findings of the research; and
- the presentation of quality discussion points or conclusions drawn from the findings.
Only one poster per researcher or research team should be submitted for the Award in any year. Posters previously submitted may not be resubmitted.
Eligible people may nominate for the ACDE Poster Award prior to or at the conference.
- Funds will be made available following the conference.
How to apply
- Applicants must meet the AARE Conference deadlines for abstract submission, and award application submission dates.
Applications will be assessed by the Awards Panel which is convened each year by the Awards Convenor. The panel’s decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.