Inaugurated in 2010, the Postgraduate / ECR Researcher Poster Award is intended to support the participation and inclusion of postgraduate and early career researchers in the educational research community. This award is sponsored by Springer publishing.
Funding round: single round per annum
Applications due: 31 August 2021
Status of funding round: open
Amount: a book voucher from Springer
Applicant Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for the Postgraduate / ECR Researcher Poster Award, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a AARE member
- be either enrolled in a postgraduate research program in a relevant area of study at an Australian higher education institution, or have been awarded a doctoral degree within the past 5 years.
- submit a first-authored conference poster proposal, via the online submission system and by the closing date for abstracts of posters, and have their proposal accepted for presentation.
- be able to attend the full conference.
- attach a high resolution electronic file version of the poster (.PNG, .PPT) to the submission form.
- have not previously received the AARE Postgraduate/ECR Poster Award.
It is possible to submit a jointly authored paper for an award. Award applicants must be the first named author on the paper. AARE places the responsibility for full disclosure to co-authors with the first author of a paper submitted for consideration in these award categories. It is not a requirement that award papers be included in the conference proceedings.
A panel of experienced researchers will judge the posters during the Conference according to:
- the content of the poster;
- the clarity and interest of the presentation;
- the presentation of theoretical and methodological bases and findings of the research; and
- the presentation of quality discussion points or conclusions drawn from the findings.
- the visual power of communicating main messages via the genre of the poster.
Only one poster per researcher or research team should be submitted for the Award in any year. Posters previously submitted may not be resubmitted.
Eligible people may nominate for the Poster Award prior to or at the conference.
- Funds will be made available following the conference.
How to apply
Submitting a high resolution electronic file version of the poster (.PNG, .PPT) and a brief statement (300 words) that includes your title and author lists and addressed the eligibiligy criteria listed above.
Submission grants approval to display the poster on the AARE main and conference websites.
Applications will be assessed by the Awards Panel which is convened each year by the Awards Convenor. The panel’s decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.