The STEM Education Special Interest Group was created as a vehicle to promote teaching, learning and research in integrated STEM education. By “integrated” we mean the deliberate full or partial integration of any or all of the key components of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics with or without other areas such as The Arts.
We have the following aims:
- To build a network researchers interested in integrated STEM education and stimulate debate and discussion;
- To pursue opportunities for advancing STEM education;
- To encourage and support postgraduates and early career researchers STEM education; and
- To develop collaborations leading to research in STEM education.
To this end, proposed conference presentations (abstracts and papers) should clearly showcase integrated STEM education research. However, given that there is no Special Interest group for mathematics or science education, we shall provide avenues to showcase discrete mathematics or science or engineering educational research. Technology-focused works would be better suited to the Technology and Learning SIG.
- Education situated in individual STEM discipline areas
- Education situated in integrated STEM