The Schools and Education Systems SIG provides a forum for AARE members from schools, universities, education sectors and policy contexts to network, collaborate, and identify areas of research need, with the goal of strengthening school-based research. We are interested in promoting the role of research in informing and improving policy and practice in schools and education systems as well as encouraging the active engagement of systems and schools as partners in research. With its strong connections between education systems, practitioners and researchers this SIG has the potential to influence a purposeful research agenda that aligns with jurisdictional and national needs.
- Research evidence use
- National education research priorities
- Research impact
- School research engagement
- Research ethics
- Research dissemination
- End-user engagement
- Research informed policy & practice
- Research translation
- Enhancing the educational research practice nexus (video)
- It's not that hard but it can't be too easy: conducting quality educational research in Australian schools (REN conference paper)
- When is a partnership truly a partnership? Tips for a successful ARC Linkage collaboration from Australian educational jurisdictions (REN panel presentation).