This SIG is the home of post structural theory, post qualitative methodologies and posthuman research manifestations in education. Feminist and new materialist theory is engaged with and promoted along with the turn to affect within educational research. We also embrace creative, critical and arts based thinking and practices.
- Post qualitative methodologies
- New materialism
- Creative Methodologies
SIG Bursaries - AARE Conference 2019
We have been successful in securing funding for three $500 conference bursaries for three teachers or scholars in relevant fields to attend the 2019 AARE Conference. We especially hope that school teachers, HDRs and ECRs will apply, and preference will be given to those in these categories, so please let your networks know. Intended outcomes of the funding include:
- input at the conference from those who would otherwise be unable to attend and potential collaborative work across sectors.
- a strong sense of a supportive community provided by the SIG for members.
- recognition of the challenging funding environment many academics, especially sessional staff, are experiencing in relation to securing professional learning.
- opportunities for teachers to engage with education and other theory, through the theory aspect of our SIG.
- allowing for teacher voices at our national research conference, with benefits for the discipline at large.
Preference will be given to applicants who are:
- non-waged or low-waged and/or
- HDRs or ECRs (in first five years since graduation) and/or
- currently teaching in an early years, primary or secondary setting and/or
- not receiving any other funding to attend conference and/or
- presenting on a topic in or relevant to our SIG and/or
- AARE members (school teachers applying are not required to be AARE members, while all other applicants should be members).
Those who have previously received Poststructural Theory SIG bursaries should not apply.
Please find further details on the attached application form. Applications are due back to Lucinda McKnight at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 15 September 2019. We will inform successful applicants prior to early bird registration closing on Sunday 29 September.