To foster networking and dialogue between researchers whose interests involve literacy and/or language research, broadly defined. The group is inclusive in relation to theoretical perspectives, methodologies, levels of schooling, and contexts of research. It welcomes researchers at all stages of career and aims to provide a supportive environment in conferences and events.
Members’ interests include:
- literacy/language curriculum, pedagogies and assessment;
- digital and multimodal literacies;
- literature studies;
- family and community literacies and language ecologies;
- disciplinary literacies;
- early language acquisition and literacy development;
- bi- and multilinguality;
- TESOL, EAL and EFL; and
- languages other than English.