Purpose: Each year AARE provides members the opportunity to nominate for grants that are to aligned with the following areas of our Strategic Plan:
- Capacity (C) - Build capacity of educational researchers to conduct high quality research
- Critical engagement (CE) - Provide forums for sharing of, and critical engagement with, knowledge in education
- Impact (I) - Promote the visibility and uptake of research evidence in educational policy and practice
Funding round: annual (single round)
Applications due: 30 June
Status of funding round: closed for 2018-2019 round
Amount: up $10,000
Number available: up to 5 per annum
Applicant: The proposed project must be led by an early career researcher (within five years of award of PhD). It is expected that other team members will be of various career stages.
- Funding is for the 2018 -2019 financial year but approved activities are to take place until December 2019. Funds are to be expended by December the following year (unless there are extenuating circumstances and prior approval is received).
- Funding is approved for successful proposals according to budget and application submitted. Variations to this expenditure plan will not be approved. In the case where funds are not required for a particular budgeted item, these funds will not become available for other unbudgeted expenses. While AARE understands that there may be minor variations in budgeted item expenditure (for example catering may be slightly more if there are additional participants, or flights may be less than expected), only budgeted items will be funded and no funding beyond $10000 will be reimbursed.
- AARE will not provide funds for any University overheads/levies applied to the administration of strategic initiatives grants. Applicants should negotiate with the administering institution for any such overhead/levies to be waived. If such amounts are costed in the budget of a successful application, the award will be funded without these costs being included.
- A report is to be provided to AARE upon completion of the project.
How to apply:
- Review the application guidelines and criteria
- Complete the Expression of Interest cover sheet
- Complete the budget template
Selection process: Competitive process where applications are assessed on merit