Purpose: These scholarships will provide funding to:
- Join AARE as a student member
- Register to attend the AARE Conference to be held in Sydney on 2-6 December, 2018
- Register to attend the Post-Graduate Student and Early Career Researcher Pre- Conference Workshop being held in Sydney Sunday 2 December, 2018
- Assist in travel and accommodation expenses to attend these events.
Funding round: Single round per annum
Applications due: COB Monday 27 August 2018
Status of funding round: closed
Amount: up to $1,500
Number available: four
Eligibility: Applicants must identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander persons and be currently enrolled as a post-graduate student at an Australian university
- An individual can be awarded only one scholarship
- Registration and membership fees can be paid directly by the AARE Office. Any funds for reimbursement will be paid after the conference on submission of itemised receipts.
How to apply:
- Complete the application form
- Application should include:
- a brief statement about where you will be travelling from,
- a letter of support from your university supervisor, and
- a short statement about what you wish to gain from attendance at these events.
- Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Selection process: Applications will be considered by a selection panel convened by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research SIG Executive. The panel’s decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.