Purpose: These scholarships will provide funding to:
- Join AARE as a student member
- Register to attend the AARE Conference
- Register to attend the Post-Graduate Student and Early Career Researcher Pre- Conference Workshop
- Assist in travel and accommodation expenses to attend these events. Please note: No funds will be provided, all payments will be done upfront or on provision of receipts.
Funding round: Single round per annum
Applications due: next round yet to be announced
Status of funding round: current funding yet to be announced
Amount: up to $1,500
Number available: four
Eligibility: Applicants must identify as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander persons and be currently enrolled as a post-graduate student at an Australian university
- An individual can be awarded only one scholarship
- Registration and membership fees can be paid directly by the AARE Office. Any funds for reimbursement will be paid after the conference on submission of itemised receipts.
How to apply:
- Application should include:
- a brief statement about where you will be travelling from,
- a letter of support from your university supervisor, and
- a short statement about what you wish to gain from attendance at these events.
Selection process: Applications will be considered by a selection panel convened by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Research SIG Executive. The panel’s decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.