Date: Sunday 1 to Thursday 5 December 2019
Venue: Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove Campus, Brisbane Australia
- Dr Moana Jackson – Director of Ngā Kaiwhakamārama i ngā Ture and Lecturer at Te Wānanga o Raukawa, Ōtaki, New Zealand
- Professor Fazal Rizvi – Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne
- Professor Tracey Bunda – Head of the College for Indigenous Studies, Education and Research, University of Southern Queensland
- Professor Peter Renshaw – School of Education, University of Queensland
For more information visit our conference website.
Featured symposiums acknowledge the commitment of AARE to honour and showcase current and outstanding educational research. Each symposium should consist of a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of four (4) individual papers, must have widespread appeal and explore contemporary issues for educational research in general or for specific fields of educational research.
AARE invites proposals for Featured Symposiums from Special Interest Groups and individual members of AARE. There are different and innovative ways of organising symposiums, but please note that each submission will be assessed separately against each of the criteria. The symposium proposer should identify a convenor/chair and a discussant for the session. Other formats should be described and justified in the overview of the symposium.
The symposium proposals are to be submitted directly via the form on the AARE website. Please do not submit a featured symposium proposal via the Abstract Submission Portal. Should your featured symposium proposal be unsuccessful as a featured symposium, the proposal will be reviewed as part of the general conference program via the general review and programming processes.
All proposals must be submitted by COB Tuesday, 4 June 2019.
Featured symposia will be scheduled in special sessions of the conference program with a small number of parallel symposiums in each session. All submissions should include the following information:
- Name, email and affiliation of convenor/chair and discussant
- Overview of the symposium (400 words)
- Statement indicating the relevance of the theme/issue covered as a featured symposium in accordance with the selection criteria (300 words).
- An individual abstract for each paper (400 words each). These must include the names of all paper authors and their email contact and affiliations. Please note that each abstract will be assessed individually against the criteria (1-4).
This information should be submitted via the AARE Conference Featured Symposium Application form.
Applications will be assessed by a review panel convened by the Executive for this purpose. Proposals will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the research
- Timeliness of the ideas or content
- National/international significance
- Research impact on practice, policy or theory
- Quality of the symposium as a whole including reputation of discussant, innovations in presentation mode, relationship and cohesion between papers.