ML-SIG Award for Student Presentations
Students from all geographic regions are eligible to apply for this award.
AARE ML-SIG is keen to encourage students to present high quality papers in this area at the annual conference. To achieve this aim, we are offering up to 2 student awards for excellent conference presentations each year. Winners will receive a Certificate of Excellence.
The ML-SIG Convenors will judge the awards, based on:
- the content of the presentation,
- the ability of the presenter to convey with clarity and interest,
- the theoretical and methodological bases and findings of the research, as well as
- the quality of discussion points or conclusions drawn from the findings.
To be eligible for an award, candidates must:
- be currently enrolled (part-time or full-time) in an Honours or postgraduate degree, or must be presenting from their thesis research completed in the current or preceding year,
- submit a first-authored conference presentation proposal, using the online submission system, by the closing date for conference presentation proposals and have it accepted for presentation within the ML-SIG strand,
- deliver the presentation as scheduled,
- have not previously received an AARE ML-SIG Award for Student Presentations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for an award, please email the following to the ML-SIG Convenor Katrina Barker by the Early Bird Registration deadline (31 August). Use "ML-SIG Award for Student Presentation" as the message subject, and include the following information:
- cover letter addressing eligibility criteria,
- letter of support from your thesis supervisor,
- evidence of your paper's acceptance for the annual conference including its assigned paper code.
The winners of the awards will be announced at the ML-SIG AGM at the end of the conference.